Atomoxetine is a popular medical substance for ADHD treatment in children and adults. If you purchase Atomoxetine online, you get a reliable assistant for your child suffering from behavioral disorders and social issues.
Inexpensive generic Atomoxetine is an exact copy of a well-known brand name drug Strattera, providing all the psychostimulant properties without typical side effects. Moreover, you can continue the treatment course by buying Atomoxetine even if your previous experience with psychostimulant drugs was ineffective or unsafe for your mental health.
Key facts about Atomoxetine Hydrochloride
- Solid dose form — oral capsules
- It belongs to a class of Non-Stimulant SNRI
- Brand name — Strattera
- Helps solve behavioral problems in children and adults.
What Atomoxetine does and what is it used for?
Atomoxetine improves the balance of norepinephrine in the brain. This hormone is partially responsible for emotional stability, cognitive activity, and the body’s rapid adaptation to stress.
The medication is licensed for use in ADHD:
- In children aged 6 years and older.
- In adults, if ADHD symptoms are confirmed in childhood.
When the drug works, you feel calmer and can concentrate better. In most patients, symptoms become more manageable, there is less chaos in their actions and decisions.
Recommended oral doses
The dosage regimen is individual. The dose depends on various factors, including age, body weight, response to treatment and other present medical conditions.
- Aged 6 to 18 years and weighing <70 kg: The starting dose of 0.5 mg/kg per day may be increased to the standard therapeutic dose of 1.2 mg/kg per day.
- Aged 6 years and more and weighing ≥ 70 kg: Starting dose of 40 mg per day may be increased to the standard therapeutic dose of 80 mg per day.
The effects of Atomoxetine are not immediately noticeable. It will take several weeks before you notice the changes. At the beginning of treatment, ADHD symptoms have been shown to decrease by 25% in about two-thirds of children. The overall condition improves significantly in about 3 months.
- Follow these tips for proper use of Atomoxetine:
- Swallow capsules whole with plenty of water.
- Do not chew or open capsules.
- Using doses in the evening can keep you awake at night.
- Regular dosing will have the best effect.
Are there any risks of adverse reactions?
While you may have only heard the good things about Atomoxetine, keep in mind that this medication may not work as you expect.
The following list contains some of the side effects that you may experience:
- Change in taste
- Lack of feeling of hunger
- Numbness in fingers and toes
- Decreased interest in sex
- Lack of strength or energy
- Dilated pupils
If you have a severe adverse reaction, call your doctor immediately or seek medical attention. Do this as soon as possible in case of allergies, yellowing of the skin and/or eyes, pain when pressing on the right side of the abdomen.
Treatment should not be started or should be delayed in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to drug ingredients
- Severe cardiovascular disorders
- MAOI treatment
- Angle-closure glaucoma
Atomoxetine may affect your psychomotor function. If drowsiness and coordination problems manifest, avoid driving, riding a bicycle, operating machinery or using tools.
If you have used Atomoxetine before and notice that the drug is not working properly, it may be caused by several reasons, such as:
- You are not following the dosing regimen.
- You have a medical condition that affects ADHD.
- You started taking medicines that interact with Atomoxetine.
If you do not understand why the effect of the medication is worsening, discuss this situation with your doctor. You may need to have your dose increased or you are doing something wrong.