Generic Fluoxetine is prescribed for patients with depression, who have pronounced symptoms of retardation or increased sleepiness. It stimulates psychomotor activity, increases the activity of the central nervous system, and reduces the symptoms of depression.
After purchasing Fluoxetine you can feel its effect in 10-14 days already. The therapeutical effect increases gradually and it will be necessary to adjust the dose, depending on the treatment results. Therefore, when you buy Fluoxetine online, make sure you choose a large pack, sufficient for a 2-month treatment course. A large pack is cheaper, so you can save on delivery. If your physician recommends you using a lower the dose, then you can purchase Fluoxetine in another dose in 8 weeks.
Basic information about Fluoxetine
- Solid dose form — tablets, capsules.
- Belongs to the class of SSRIs drugs.
- The brand name is Prozac.
- Helps improve the lives of people with mental health problems.
It may take one to three months before you notice the effect of the treatment.
What is Fluoxetine and what does it treat?
The purpose of using Fluoxetine is to help overcome current mental health problems. The drug increases the level of neurotransmitters in the brain, which are responsible for behavior and good mood.
Fluoxetine is licensed to treat:
- Clinical depression.
- Simple bulimia.
- Panic disorder.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
When you use the antidepressant at the correct dosage, you feel calmer and happier.
Usual oral doses
Typical doses are 20mg Fluoxetine. The usual dose for simple bulimia is 60 mg and for panic disorder — 10 mg.
The recommended dose can be increased or decreased. The drug can be used once or twice a day. Try to take your medicine at the same time every day.
- If you are taking Fluoxetine in the evening and have trouble falling asleep, try using it in the morning.
- If you take Fluoxetine in the morning and feel sleepy afterwards, try using it in the evening.
It is important to continue using the medicine for about six months. This will reduce the likelihood of depression relapse.
Are there any risks of side effects?
Antidepressants, like other medications, have their own side effects. The most common side effect at the very beginning of treatment is loss of appetite and nausea.
These adverse reactions usually pass within 1–2 weeks after starting the antidepressant.
The following list contains some of the side effects that may manifest:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Feeling of excitement
- Stomach ache
- Decreased sex drive
- Reducing the frequency of the urge to urinate
For more information on possible adverse reactions, read the package insert or ask your pharmacist.
If the drug is causing mild side effects, it may be recommended to:
- Reduce the daily dose — low doses may be as effective as high doses are.
- Taking the medicine with food — this may delay the onset of the medicine’s action slightly, but reduces the risk of side effects.
- Make sure Fluoxetine does not interact with the medicines that you use.
Fluoxetine is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
- Metoprolol therapy.
- Concomitant treatment with MAO inhibitors.
The drug may affect psychomotor functions, especially at the beginning of treatment or when the daily dose is increased. If you experience a slow reaction time or drowsiness, do not drive.