Celexa helps cope with the symptoms of depression and improve your mental health. It is an SSRI antidepressant, which has proven its effectiveness during clinical practice.
You can buy Celexa at a reasonable price after finding out the therapeutic dose and the treatment regimen from your physician. And if you purchase a 3-4 month supply of Celexa, you will get a 30% discount.
Our service ensures you with a fast delivery of Celexa right to your doorstep, providing you with a full course of antidepressants until you fully recover. You can contact our consultant online to get all the answers to your questions.
Basic information about Celexa
- Comes as 10mg, 20mg or 40mg tablets.
- Refers to drugs known as SSRIs.
- Helps people recover from depression.
- Just like with other meds used to treat depression or related illnesses, it takes time to see improvement (up to 30-45 days).
What is Celexa and what does it treat?
Celexa is a licensed drug that is marketed worldwide. The active ingredient is Citalopram. This medication corrects the neurotransmitter imbalances, reducing feelings of anxiety and improving mood.
The purpose of the drug use is to:
- Treat (reduce symptoms of) depression.
- Prevent possible relapses.
Usual and maximum oral dose
Celexa comes in pill form. They come in three sizes, including:
- 10 mg
- 20 mg
- 40 mg
The tablets can be taken with or without food. Adults can start treatment using one of 2 dosing schedules:
- In the morning — 1 20mg tablet
- In the evening — 1 20mg tablet
If the patient’s individual response to the 20mg dose is insufficient and its use didn’t cause any adverse reactions, the dose can be increased to the maximum recommended dose of 40 mg. The dose of the medication should be increased gradually, over several weeks.
Do not exceed the maximum dose, since it is not known which side effects this may cause.
Should Celexa be used for a long time?
It may take several weeks after the treatment start before you feel any improvement. In the beginning, some people may feel heightened anxiety, which fades over time. Therefore, it is very important to strictly stick to the instructions, avoid stopping the pills or changing the dosing regimen.
If you have started using Celexa to alleviate the depression symptoms, you need long-term treatment. An interval of 6-9 months is considered to be the usual duration of therapy.
Are there any risks of adverse reactions?
Like any other antidepressant, Celexa can cause mild to severe side effects, though these rarely require treatment discontinuation. As a rule, they manifest within the first few weeks and do not cause much discomfort.
Below, you will find a list of side effects, which have manifested to a greater or lesser extent in people using Celexa:
- Excessive sweating.
- Difficulty falling asleep and maintaining sleep.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Apathy (lack of motivation, emotions, interest or enthusiasm).
- Tremor (an involuntary rhythmic contraction of muscles in one or more parts of your body).
- Decrease or increase in libido (sex drive).
- Discomfort or pain in the upper abdomen.
This list does not include all possible side effects. For more information on possible adverse reactions, ask your pharmacist or read the leaflet.